Friday, April 15, 2011

Concerts

I've gone to a few concerts in my life.  My first was a few years ago prior to my little guy being born.  Went with my wife and daughter.  We saw Jagged Edge, Joe, Avant and Ginuwine at the Westbury Music Fair, that was a great show.  Since then I have seen Anita Baker and Babyface at Jones Beach, also a great show, Anita was awesome live, Babyface was alright.  I saw one classic show that included the Stylistics, Chi-lites, Blue Magic, Harold Melvin's Blue Notes (Harold was actually dead so maybe thats why they called it "Harold Melvin's" ...  Funny. I also saw Jagged Edge a second time, this time they were with Donnell Jones and few other less popular people.  On that same show was Rah Digga, her music track was screwed up, so she freestyles for a full 20 minutes, she absolutely tore it up, I was very impressed.  I almost forgot I also saw a show that included Stephanie Mills, Freddie Jackson and Ashford & Simpson, that was a very good show too.  Stephanie definitely commanded the stage.  Then there was Patty Labelle and some comedian dude.  I forget his name, but he had me in tears from laughing. and of course Patty was awesome live as to be expected.  Who did I forget?  Oh yeah, Raheem DeVaughn, Chrissette Michelle and Solange Knowles did a show together at Westbury that I saw.  They all good.  Chrissette was actually excellent live, better live than in person.  Solange surprised me, she could actually sing, I was pleasantly surprised by that.    I'm giving serious thought to seeing Sade this summer at MSG.  I think I got them all, if I missed any acts that I saw I will update my blog posting.  Who have you seen?

www.jamesstewart.myarbonne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment